Inflatable kayaks are much more versatile than normal hard-shell kayaks which are much heavier and it is not possible to carry them when you are traveling far from your home. If you are looking for a boat that can be packed into a bag or backpack then inflatable kayaks become the best choice. Even if there you have to carry this boat over a distance, you can still easily fit it in your car boot or trunk.
These boats are made to be being lightweight so that you have no trouble carrying them over long distances. The only thing that would make them even lighter is if the manufacturers could choose not to put all the protection features on these boats. These features are necessary as they help protect the boat from splitting or scratching. They also ensure that you have a smooth and comfortable journey in your inflatable kayak all the time.
What Activities Are Safe to Do With An Inflatable Kayak or Canoe?
All water activities are safe to do with an inflatable kayak. If you enjoy kayaking, these boats are the best choice for you as they allow you to explore rivers and lakes in a rapid manner. You can also use it to go on trips with your friends or family where there have been beautiful natural spots to see.
With inflatable kayaks, you can also go fishing as they are very stable. You do not have to worry about your safety at all because these boats would never flip over or sink.
What Are the Advantages of Using an Inflatable Kayak for Safety?
There are many benefits of having an inflatable kayak for safety.
1) Very stable– One thing that makes people reluctant to use the kayaks is because they are afraid of falling in deep waters or rolling over. This would never happen with an inflatable kayak because if you fall, you would just have to get back up again and try again. It is so stable that you can even stand up in it and people have tried this for fun.
2) Short learning curve– Inflatable kayaks are very easy to use as they do not require a high skill level from the user. You just need to push yourself off from the bank or shore then you would enjoy your trip. You would never flip over as the boat is very stable and you can easily get back up if this happens.
3) Portable– These boats are very portable as they would fit in a bag or backpack when deflated. They do not take much space at all and that is why you can even carry them for a long journey.
4) Versatility– With inflatable kayaks, you can go on a wide variety of water activities. You can kayak in calm waters or even go to places that have rivers and rapids. If you want to, then you can even give yourself a challenge by going into turbulent waters with this boat.
Examine Before Inflating
In order to have a safe time out on the water, you need to make sure that your inflatable kayak is in good condition before inflating. If there are any tears or holes in it, then this would lead to it being deflated and damage may happen. Always check for damages before inflating the kayak.
Use Correct Inflate Method
There are a few steps that you need to follow in order to inflate the kayak correctly. You can use an electric pump or foot pump for this.
1) Make sure the valves between the kayak and pump are connected properly. This will avoid any air getting out of the boat when you are trying to inflate it.
2) Tighten all the valves before you start pumping air into the kayak. If there are any loose valves, then this would lead to deflation, and damage may happen. Always tighten them properly so that they are safe for use.
3) Make sure that you pump enough air into it so that it becomes firm. You would know that the kayak is inflated enough when it remains firm even if you press your fingers into the top surface of the kayak.
4) Screw on any other accessories that you would want to attach using screws or clips. This includes fishing rod holders, seats, cameras, and anything else that you might want.
Do Inflatable Kayaks have Good Maneuverability?
The inflatable kayak is very maneuverable because the design of these boats has been changed so that they are easy to control. You can easily change the direction when paddling with this boat. It does not matter what type of water activity you are doing, you will have an amazing time on the water with it.
What Is the Most Effective Way to Keep an Inflatable Kayak?
You should always store your inflatable kayak in a cool and dry place. Make sure that there are no sharp objects nearby because this could puncture the boat and lead to deflation. If you need to inflate it again, make sure to check the valves to see if they are still working properly because you don’t want it to deflate when you are out on the water.
What do You Need To Use an Inflatable Kayak?
You need a pump, paddle, and flotation device for using the inflatable kayak. It may come with some of these things when you buy it, but if it does not then this would be additional equipment that you will need to purchase.
How to Use an Inflatable Kayak?
It is very easy to use the inflatable kayak. You just deflate it and pack it in a backpack or bag and carry it wherever you want to go. These boats are very portable and can fit in tight areas.
When you get to your destination, simply inflate the kayak again, fill it with air then deflate it once more. Then you would be able to enjoy your trip on the water with family or friends. If you do not like going on a flat surface, then this boat is not for you.
When you are done kayaking, deflate it and roll it up. Then it is time to load this boat into your backpack or bag. Now you can go on a new trip with this inflatable kayak companion of yours the next time.
What is Very Important When Using an Inflatable Kayak?
It is very important that you wear a life jacket when using the inflatable kayak. Also, make sure to know how to swim because this would be a great way to learn if you are going out on the water for the first time with it.
Are Inflatable Kayaks Safe for Rapids?
You cannot use inflatable kayaks on extreme rapids as they are made of nylon which is not strong enough to stand the pressure in these rapids. However, you can still go kayaking or canoeing in moderate rapids all day long without any problem at all.
Is Using An Inflatable Kayak Safe for Children?
If you want to take your kids on a trip with an inflatable kayak then there is no problem at all. These boats are very stable and even if your children make sudden movements, you do not have to worry about them tipping over.
What Is The Safest Way of Transporting an Inflatable Kayak?
The safest way to transport any inflatable kayak is by using a roof rack on the top of your car. Make sure that you fasten this boat down on the roof rack with ropes and straps so that it does not move around when you are traveling. For extra safety, put a life jacket on the kayak and wear one yourself as well.
My Thoughts: An inflatable kayak is great for people who want to go on trips but don’t want to spend a lot of money on a kayak. Also, people who want to take their kids kayaking but don’t feel safe putting the kid in a hard shell kayak would find that an inflatable is perfect for them. However, I think that if you are going into extremely rough waters it wouldn’t be ideal because you could end up losing control of your kayak or just face other problems.
Inflatable kayaks are perfect for people who want to go out on the water but don’t want to spend a ton of money. These boats are very safe and stable, so it is recommended that children use them as well. They do not work well in extremely rough waters because they could flip over easily.